This feature is currently under development and new functionality is expected to be added incrementally.
Why are we using an add-in account?
(Følg for norsk versjon).
Before you can use SharePoint as storage for drawings used by Plania, a SharePoint administrator has to create an add-in account for Plania in the SharePoint admin console. The account information, client ID and client secret, must then be added in Plania's settings.
An add-in account is used instead of having to create a dummy user account for systems that require access to certain sites, lists or functionality inside SharePoint.
A SharePoint administrator or site collection will have to add Plania's add-in account to all sites and/or libraries where drawings referenced in Plania will be stored. Plania requires read-access to the location where the drawing file is stored, so your SharePoint administrator can make adjustments to the XM
Create an add-in account for Plania
Role: SharePoint administrator
See these instructions.
Enter values for the follow form fields. Client ID and client secret must be copied and saved in a safe place for later use!
Add-in ID. We recommend using an automatically generated ID by pressing Generate
Add-in Secret. Also known as the client secret, an opaque string. It is generated on the AppRegNew.aspx page by using the Generate button.
- Title. A user-friendly title; for example, "Plania FDV Tegninger" since it will then be easy to identify why the add-in has access
- Add-in Domain. Not in use by Plania. Enter organization's default value.
- Redirect URI:. Not in use by Plania. Enter organization's default value.
Grant Plania add-in account access to a given site
Role: Site collection administrator
Note: Plania currently only requires read-permissions. Access is granted per site collection.
The following is needed: XML-code below and the client ID created in the previous section.
- Go to a site collection where drawings are stored and go to https://<tenant>.sharepoint.com/<sitecollection>/_layouts/15/AppInv.aspx
- Copy the client ID and paste into the input field and press "Lookup"
Expected that the information entered by the SharePoint administrator is now copied into the other input fields
- Enter the following Permission Request XML:
<AppPermissionRequests AllowAppOnlyPolicy="true">Press Create.
<AppPermissionRequest Scope="http://sharepoint/content/sitecollection" Right="Read"/>
<AppPermissionRequest Scope="http://sharepoint/content/sitecollection/web" Right="Read"/>
- In the next window, press Trust it
Enter SharePoint add-in credentials in Plania setup
Role: Plania system administrator
Enter the Client ID and Client secret in Plania settings (kundeprofil)
Logg på hvis du vil legge inn en kommentar.